An XML sitemap is one of the most effective ways of specifying out the pages on a website. It helps the search engines to crawl all the pages for indexation and know what each page is for. This helps to increase the exposure on the search engine result pages (SERPs), thus funneling in an increased flow of traffic to your website in an organic way. If you are interested to use the SEO services, this is what you should look into.
What are the main reasons to get an XML sitemap?
Havingan XML sitemap is one of the most effective ways of improving your SEO service performance and gain a boosted rank on the search engine result pages. Having an XML sitemap is advantageous under the following cases:
- Your website is built in a complicated structure and consists of multiple internal page links
- You have just developed your website and it is relatively new in the market with a few external links
- There is a consistency on your website and consists of a lot of archived data
- Multiple pages on the website are dynamic, this is even more in the case of e-commerce websites
Benefits of XML sitemap for boosting SEO performance
An XML sitemap helps to pass on increased data to the search engines, thus helping it know what you are, what your website is all about and what you are offering. This increased recognition automatically helps you to gain rankings from SEO services without much extra effort. Some of the main benefits that you can enjoy by having an XML sitemap include:
- Listing all of the URLs on the website, including those pages as well that would otherwise have been impossible to find by the search engines.
- It helps the engine pages to be prioritized, thus helping in the crawl process. The best part of the process is that you have the ability to tag the pages on the XML sitemap on the basis of importance. This will help the bots to know which pages to focus on based on the priorities set by you.
- It helps in the provision of temporal information, thus allowing you to enjoy more benefits for boosting your SEO performance. This is possible because of the ability to provide two more optional tags that help in passing extra information to the search engine. It helps in the crawling of the websites. The two optional tags include ‘lastmod’ and ‘changefreq’. The initial one helps to specify the last time that the page was changed while the second one informs the search engines about the frequency of the page is updated.
- Last but not least; XML sitemap also helps you to access information available on the Google Webmaster Central. Access to Googlebot is one of the most primary examples of the process.
How to get an XML sitemap for your website?
You can use a lot of free resources to generate the XML sitemap for your website. It helps you define a well-etched flow of the entire website, thus increasing the overall exposure to the website pages as a whole. You can research to know more on the topic.
- 0 Comments